Mr. Davis also built the Colony House, at a point where 60th Street crosses Park Boulevard. This two story structure housed affluent visitors who might wish to make investments, served meals and even offered space for social gatherings. From the Colony House windows one could view a model farm and rows of tents on Pittsburgh Avenue where people camped until their modest homes were completed.
Dr. Mel J. Dinsmore and his wife Gilda moved to Pinellas Park in 1947. Dr. Dinsmore served in the Seabees Division of the Navy from 1942-1945 and is a graduate from Palmer Chiropractic School in Davenport, IA.
England Brothers Construction, Inc., worked closely with Acoustical Engineer Dave Fagen and Shields E. Clark P.E. to recycle the salvaged structural components from the 1992 Tornado to achieve the most efficient profile, design a hurricane resistant, maintenance free, clear span, permanent band shell with the necessary accouterments and utilities.
Helen Howarth served the people of Pinellas Park for three decades. She kept Pinellas Park residents warm in the winter filling their furnaces with oil even when some couldn't pay. Helen owned Park Oil Company, drove trucks, cleaned stoves and took orders and was known to many of the town's children as Granny Good for providing food, bundles of clothing and other gifts on doorsteps to express her concern for children in need.
P.J. McDevitt was elected as Mayor from 1914-1917 & 1926-1932 and along with James R. Shoecraft created Pinellas Park's first drainage district to dredge the major drainage canals that still are life-saving arteries in rainy seasons.
In the 1920s he served as chief building contractor for the City of St. Petersburg. He built the now famous Bussey Mansion in South St. Petersburg and served as a consultant in building the Don CeSar Hotel.
He and all of the town would turn out at the ACL Railroad Station to greet newcomers to Pinellas Park.
Pond Park III is the newest addition to The City Parks’ Division. This park is within walking distance from Parkside Mall, restaurants and bus service. The park offers park benches for resting and enjoying the pond water fountain, beautiful lighting and landscape. If you're in the mood to walk or jog, there is a cement trail around the park. Pond Park also offers a grill and picnic table for cookouts. There is a drinking fountain for those that enjoy the walk/jog trail, outdoor exercise stations or rope playground equipment. This small park has something for everyone.
James Rex Shoecraft was a veteran of the Spanish American War. He moved to Pinellas Park in 1911 and served on the first town council. He was elected as mayor from 1917-1926 and 1932-1953. He served on the county commission and was presented with the Angus Smith award for outstanding service by the Pinellas Republicans.
He fought for a bigger Pinellas Park. He championed the construction of County Roads 15 and 16 and Welch Causeway which provided a shortcut to the Gulf Beaches from the western end of Gandy Bridge.
Skyview Terrace Park offers residents a place to enjoy nature and a safe, close-to-home area to play. This cozy park is just the right size for neighborhood children to climb and swing on playground equipment.
In early years he was a member of the Optimist and Kiwanis Club in St. Petersburg of the Davista Civic Association. He wielded a wide influence all the way from Pinellas Park to Tallahassee and his connections included membership in national and state Home Furniture Dealers associations and the Contractors and Builders Association of Pinellas County. The Loyd Tingler Nature Park was originally owned by the Pinellas Park Water Management District and later donated to the City of Pinellas Park and renamed Tingler Park.