Zoning Division main line - (727) 369-5663
All zoning staff are available to advise property owners/lessees/representatives on the use of private property. Listed below are primary functions of each position in the Division in order to help guide your inquiries. This does not necessarily mean that calling the listed individual is required.
Dean R. Neal, AICP, Zoning Division Director 727-369-5650 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Directs all business within the Zoning Division, under direction of the Community Development Administrator.
- Presents all land development cases to the City Council, CRA and other extrajurisdictional boards as necessary
- Writes Land Development Code amendments
- Represents the City at Pinellas Planning Council
Anna M. Weaver, Zoning Coordinator 727-369-5628 email@example.com
- Primarily focuses on commercial and industrial land uses
- Assists with variances, conditional uses, vacations, rezonings, etc.
- Conducts commercial plan reviews for permitting
- Presents all land development cases to the Planning and Zoning Commission
Melissa Thrumston, Planning and Zoning Analyst 727-369-5629 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Primarily focuses on residential land use
- Assists customers at our Zoning front counter (6051 78th Avenue)
- Assists with zoning letters, variances, minor encroachments, temporary uses, block parties, etc.
- Conducts residential plan reviews for permitting
- Presents all variance requests to the Board of Adjustment
Sandra Gens, Zoning Staff Assistant 727-369-5631 email@example.com
- Screens calls for the zoning division
- Responsible for advertising of zoning public hearings
- Advises callers of applicable zoning district
- Prepares minutes
- Serves as notary public
- Maintains calendars