City of Pinellas Park Police Department
Contracted Extra Duty Assignment Conditions
7700 59th Street N Pinellas Park, FL 33781
(727) 369-7828 or (727) 369-7865 Fax: (727) 369-5703
The Pinellas Park Police Department will assign off-duty police officers for special events and circumstances in response to requests from citizens or businesses to the extent permitted by existing resources and in accordance with department procedures. The primary intent of extra-duty assignments is to provide a supplementary service in the community by assigning available off-duty uniformed officers to security, crowd control, or traffic related details which do not fall within the scope of the on-duty patrol officer's responsibilities, yet which are reasonably expected to require the services of a sworn police officer. The business or citizen requesting this service is required to pay for the officers' services at a rate established by the police department. Requests for services which exceed the department's capabilities or are not consistent with the professional law enforcement policies of the department will not be honored.
Pinellas Park police officers do not arrange their own "off-duty jobs". All job requests are screened and assigned by the Pinellas Park Police Department.
If you are a business or individual within the City of Pinellas Park who desires to hire off-duty police officers for an event or other circumstance, please follow these instructions:
1. Review the Contract for Private Duty Police Services which contains important information regarding procedures, rates, and payments. Complete all required information, have the contract signed by applicant or authorized agent, and submit to the Pinellas Park Police Department.
2. If you have any questions, contact Officer Roxanne Hunt at 727-541-0861 during business hours, or e-mail Rhunt@pinellas-park.com
3. At least 14 days prior to the event or the anticipated need for officers, print and sign the Contract for Extra Duty Police Services and fax, email or mail to:
Pinellas Park Police Department
Attention: Office of Professional Standards
7700 59th Street N.
Pinellas Park, Florida 33781
We suggest you make copies for your records.
4. Your contract will be reviewed to ensure that the job complies with department policy and you will be notified of approval or disapproval.