The Pinellas Park Police Vice and Narcotic Section is tasked with initiating and conducting covert investigations of crimes related to drugs, racketeering, prostitution, gambling, and alcohol. The Vice & Narcotics Unit investigates a broad spectrum of crimes, to include major drug trafficking and mid-level distribution, while its primary focus is on the street-level drug trade. The Narcotics Section also assists patrol officers in addressing specific drug problems in their respective areas.
There is a tip-line that citizens are urged to call (anonymously if they wish) to report illegal narcotic activity. That number is 727-548-8477 / 727 (548-Tips).
How Can I Help Combat Illegal Drugs?
- Pay attention to what is occurring in and around your neighborhood.
- Is there any unusually heavy foot traffic in and out of a house, apartment or parking lot.
- Drug traffic usually involves stays of short duration, typically a drug deal is conducted in a matter of seconds.
- Do you notice unusual exchanges between people? Nervous exchanges of small items or money may be indicative of a drug transaction.
- Are there numerous exchanges taking place through a car window or residence window? Have you noticed regular, quick meetings taking place between the same people at the same location?
What Do I Do If I Notice Suspicious Narcotics Related Activity?
If you observe suspicious activity in your neighborhood, call the Vice and Narcotics Office at 727-548-8477 and ask to speak with a supervisor. Be prepared to supply the following information regarding the activity: Under no circumstances should you place yourself in danger to obtain this information.
The more information you can supply safely, the easier it will be to address the problem.
Vice and Narcotics Contact:
Tip Line Phone: 727-548-8477 Tip Line Email: DrugTips@pinellas-park.com
(When providing tip line information, please be very detailed with the problem to include a specific location, vehicle descriptions, subject descriptions, time and days which the problems are occurring)