After serving in the Navy during WWII, emerging with a degree in mechanical engineering from Harvard University around 1946, Loyd Tingler moved to Pinellas Park in 1949 and opened his own store, Loyd Tingler Furniture.
In 1974 he became the first Chairman of the newly founded Pinellas Park Water Management Board and for 14 years supervised construction of millions of dollars in major drainage ditches that substantially helped with flooding. He became the second person in 1979 to be Citizen of the Year for the Pinellas Park Chamber. He served many terms as Director of the Chamber of the Boys and Girls Clubs and as Director of Southeast Bank from 1976 to 1979.
In early years he was a member of the Optimist and Kiwanis Club in St. Petersburg of the Davista Civic Association. He wielded a wide influence all the way from Pinellas Park to Tallahassee and his connections included membership in national and state Home Furniture Dealers associations and the Contractors and Builders Association of Pinellas County. The Loyd Tingler Nature Park was originally owned by the Pinellas Park Water Management District and later donated to the City of Pinellas Park and renamed Tingler Park.
Tingler Park ( 6.43 acres)
8780 62nd Street North
Equestrian Trail Lakeview Boardwalk Picnic Tables