Click here for City of Pinellas Park Reclaimed Water Restrictions.
Click here for City of Pinellas Park Current Portable Water Restrictions.
Effective Date and Areas
- The District’s year-round water conservation measures will be back in effect beginning August 2.
- The measures shown below currently apply to all of Charlotte, DeSoto, Hardee, Highlands, Manatee, Pinellas, and Polk counties; and the cities of Temple Terrace, Plant City and North Port.
- Some local governments such as Hillsborough County and the cities of Clearwater, St. Petersburg and Tampa have local ordinances with special twice-per-week schedules.
- Some local governments such as Pasco and Sarasota counties, and the cities of Dunedin, Longboat Key, Sarasota and Venice, have local ordinances that remain on one-day-per-week schedules.
Lawn Watering Days and Times
- Lawn watering is limited to no more than twice per week.
- Lawn watering days and times are as follows unless your city or county has a different schedule or stricter hours in effect:
- Even addresses may water on Thursday and/or Sunday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Odd addresses may water on Wednesday and/or Saturday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Locations without a discernable address, such as rights-of-way and common areas inside a subdivision, may water on Tuesday and/or Friday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Hand watering and micro-irrigation of plants (other than lawns) can be done on any day and any time.
New Lawns and Plants
- New lawns and plants have a “30-30” establishment period.
- On the day of installation, watering is allowed on any day at any time.
- During the first 30 days, watering is allowed on any day during the allowable hours.
- During the second 30 days, watering is allowed three days per week: even-numbered addresses may water on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday; odd-numbered addresses may water Monday, Wednesday and Saturday; and locations without a discernable address may water on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday.
- Reclaimed water remains subject to voluntary watering hours, unless restricted by the local government or utility.
Fountains, Car Washing and Pressure Washing
- There are no specific restrictions on fountains, car washing and pressure washing.
- These and other water uses should be conducted as efficiently as possible, such as using a shutoff nozzle on each hose to adhere to the general restriction prohibiting wasteful water use.