Need individual, uninterrupted help from one of our friendly librarians? Welcome to Book-A-Librarian!
The Book-A-Librarian service allows you to reserve appointments with librarians for up to one hour of uninterrupted, personalized reference assistance.
In addition to our variety of technology classes and convenient walk-in tech clinics, Book-A-Librarian can help you accomplish the following:
- Schedule a library tour, with instruction in use of the library catalog
- Download eBooks or audiobooks to your digital device from one of our online resources
- Complete your school, business, genealogy, or local history research using the library's online research databases or other reliable government and non-profit resources
- Compile a list of reading suggestions for you, your child, or your book club based on individual preferences and goals
- Complete an online application form for employment, government services, etc.
- Schedule a proctor for a college test.
- There is a $10 fee per test, plus any additional postage or copy requirements. Cash and credit cards are accepted.
- We accommodate paper and online tests. For online tests, students should have a laptop with settings compatible with the testing requirements in the event library equipment is not compatible.
- Due to the nature of the library, we cannot guarantee a private testing room or continuous monitoring throughout the exam. You will be in view of the proctor and the proctor will check on you periodically.
- In the event of a staffing or library emergency, another professional librarian may step in to finish proctoring a test that has already begun.
- If these conditions do not meet with the approval of the testing institution, the University of South Florida offers academic proctoring services at both campuses for non-USF students. Dial 727-873-4632 to reach the Student Success Center on the St. Pete campus. (https://www.stpetersburg.usf.edu/student-life/student-success-center/testing-services/)
We must decline requests for the following:
- Typing, proofreading, and editorial services
- Removal of software viruses or malware, IT hardware repairs, etc.
Librarians are not qualified to offer medical, legal, or business opinions.
You may want to attend one of the library’s technology classes in lieu of or in addition to booking an appointment.
Book a Librarian Request Form