There are several reasons why it might appear that nothing is being done to address your complaint:
- The complaint may not be a violation of a City code - differences in opinions or lifestyles do not always equal a code violation;
- The time frame given for compliance may not have expired yet - depending on the nature of the violation, an extension may have been given (sometimes up to 30 days) to correct the violation;
- There may be a Code Enforcement Board or Special Magistrate hearing scheduled or pending on the violation;
- The violation may have already had a hearing and may be running a daily fine/lien due to continued non-compliance; or
- The original City code violation may have come into compliance, but has now reoccurred.
You can always contact the assigned Community Compliance Specialist for an update or status report.
If you don't have the assigned Specialist's contact information, send an email to or call us at 727-369-5668. Our office staff will forward your email or phone call to the assigned Specialist for a response.